One Simple Tool to Maximize Your Social Media Reach
I’m going to talk about a way you can super charge your social media marketing efforts. It involves finding influential people online.
I’ll explain an a bit how to do that and give you an example of who social media influencer is.
I’m sure you desire getting your website or business talked about online. Positive word of mouth is the pot of gold at the end or your marketing efforts.
This can be achieved with concentrated effort on finding influencers in your city. You simply need to focus on quality and not the quantity of followers.
Luckily there is another free internet marketing tool which tells you who the online influencers are.
It’s called Klout.
Klout is a website and mobile app that uses social media analytics to rank its users according to online social influence via the “Klout Score”, which is a numerical value between 1 and 100
Find Influential Klout Users
Last post I talked about a great free tool to help you get more Twitter followers for free. This will post will talk about finding quality people to follow. And how to build a relationship with them.
The key is to build.
You can’t expect them to start sharing your business or website right off the bat. There is too much at risk for them. They have a loyal group of followers. Their word is bond.
They have to get to know you. Trust you. Then they will share your business.
So here is how to find online influencers:
- Download the Klout for Google Chrome extension
- In your Twitter account create a list for your influencers
- Head to a Twitter directory like Twello
- Search for people in your city or geographical area
- Click on their Twitter profile link
- Follow and add them to your Twitter list
Because you have added the Klout Chrome extension, you’ll be able to see people’s Klout scores.
If they aren’t signed up for Klout, you won’t see the Klout logo and score beside their handle.
You’re looking for people with scores over 45.
The Klout logo also acts as a link to their Klout profile. When you click through to someone’s profile you’ll be able to see what other social networks they are on.
Ideally, you want to find people who are on Google +, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Foursquare as well.
Here’s what to look for:
- Are they active on Google +? If so they probably write reviews.
- Are they Tweeting a lot on Twitter?
- Do they interact with people on Twitter?
- Do they check in on Foursquare? If so are they Tweeting it out and sharing it on Facebook?
- Are they written tips/reviews on Foursquare? Chances are good they’re writing reviews on Yelp and Google + as well.
- Are they taking a lot of pictures on Instagram?
This person is a prime example of being an online influencer.
People like them are avid social media users. Those are the people who can supercharge your social media marketing.
Once, of course, you build a relationship with them first.
Here’s how to do that:
- Follow them on as many social networks as you can
- Interact with them (without selling yourself)
- Share and retweet any content they put out
After you have built up some online communication, keep doing it.
Then subscribe to my email newsletter because I’m going to be blogging about how you can strategically get these people to talk about your business online. You can subscribe up in the top right hand corner or in the popup box that will appear at the bottom of this post.
Trust me, that post will really super charge your social media marketing like never before.