Search Engine Optimization can be down right intimidating.
I feel your pain. Three years ago I knew nothing of SEO.
That was until a friend suggested I talk to him for an hour on SEO. At the time I was working for a golf holiday company and I felt that we could attract website visitors through search terms like “Scotland Golf Holiday”.
For a few reasons I wasn’t able to help my employer out. But it was still beneficial to learn SEO.
And now I’m helping you learn SEO in three components.
Click on the first two links for previous posts where I show you how to do proper keyword research and then properly optimize your website.
Today’s post will discuss how to get backlinks to your site. Backlinks are simply links from other websites pointing towards yours. They help notify Google that your website exists. The more valuable backlinks you have, the better your Google PageRank. I explain why PageRank is important to your overall search engine rankings in the video below.
Essentially backlinks are the HGH of SEO. In this case they improve your search rankings and not your bicep size!
Without all three components your rankings will not improve. As I said backlinks are the only Google knows your wesbite exists. You could nail the first two components to SEO but if you have no backlinks pointing to your website, your rankings won’t improve.
Continue reading this post for a video showing you how to acquire high quality backlinks.
Click play and enjoy this video on how I get backlinks to your site!
Here are the strategies listed below. Thanks to Sameer from Blog Directory Maximizer for watching the video and writing them down.
- Guest Blogging – finding relevant blogs and pitching a blog post idea (the video covers some practical search examples)
- Be remarkable, unique or even be controversial – if your remarkable or unique, people will talk about you online. The same with controversy generates attention and possibly plenty of conversation and links
- Comment on relevant blogs
- Participate on social networking sites like Facebook and Google+ where you can link to your latest blog posts
- Participate in relevant forums
- Hold interviews with prominent people – they’re bound to garner enough attention
- Exchange links with relevant sites (relevancy is key and don’t overdo it)
- Submit to relevant local and industry specific directories
- Press releases
- Link out to others and maybe they’ll notice and link back
What Do You Think?
Was this video easy to understand and do you have a clear plan of action to start acquiring more backlinks? If you’re struggling finding relevant blogs let me know and I’ll help you out.
If you enjoyed this video and want to know more about SEO, subscribe to my updates. There are few more thing I want to discuss on this blog that deal with SEO and I will be blogging about soon.